Capstone project is also called a culminating project or a senior exhibition. Capstone project is a very important assignment which usually occurs in the final term of study. It is the culminating achievement, crowning point or element. Basically, a capstone project has to pull in all skills and culminate them in one final project in order to show what has been learned during studying.
Capstone projects are designed to:
- Develop students’ skills such as oral communication, public speaking, teamwork, research skills.
- Motivate students to think objectively.
- Encourage students to solve challenging issues.
- Help students be prepared for adulthood, careers etc.
- Make students apply knowledge and possessed skills.
Educational aims of capstone projects are as follows:
- Boosting students’ motivation.
- Increasing educational and career ambitions.
- Building confidence.
- Demonstrating learning ability.
Tips on writing a capstone project:
- Select a topic which you are interested in and get it approved by your instructor.
- Gather references. Books, articles, websites will come in handy. Make sure that the information is up-to-date.
- Start a draft using revised material. Do not forget to take notes.
- It is advisable to write an introduction and a conclusion last in order to come up with an effective thesis statement and announce the essence of your work in an appropriate way.
- A capstone projects must reveal everything you have learned, your ability to conduct research and apply skills.
- A capstone project is usually 20-25 pages but not longer than 45 pages.
- Proofreading and editing are crucial.
- Procrastination. Do not wait until last minute to get started. The earlier you begin working on your project, the better work you will get in the end.
- Plagiarism. Never use someone else’s papers or works.
- Forgetting the significance of the project.
- Lack of regularity.
- Absence of analysis.
- Make sure that you stick to the topic.
- Meet with your advisor often.
- Do not forget to select a correct referencing style.
- Don’t use clichés.
- Don’t forget to pay attention to grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Don’t skip important details.
- Don’t leave your project to the last minute.
Writing a capstone project isn’t easy. It involves intense research. That’s why most students seek for help writing their capstone projects. Capstone project writing services offer authentic, plagiarism tested works. Experienced writers make sure that not only is your project delivered on time but it is also of the highest quality.